How to Remove Pet Stains from Carpet
I love dogs, what can I say! Since I was a little girl I was mesmerized with how cute they were, their personalities, and most of all the love and loyalty they give! The perfect companion in my book. They will never leave you disappointed…except when they leave a little unwanted surprise on your carpet while you are away! But how can you be mad?!
I just needed to find a solution to get rid of these nasty stains off of my carpet! Itâ€™s an eyesore when you walk into a room, and the first thing you see is a giant pee stain in the middle of the room! I love my Poodle, Roxy, but she has been having one too many accidents lately.Â I decided to do some research to find not only a solution for the stains, but something that was safe for her!
I found a couple great solutions for urine and vomit stains on your beloved carpet!
UrineÂ Â Â Â Â
Roxy, and probably your dog as well, is completely potty trained, been to obedience school, but accidents happen! And when they do we need to know all we can on how to get those odorful stains away!
- Place a towel or a couple layers of paper towel on the spot to absorb some of the urine out the carpet!
- Stand or put pressure onto the stain to absorb as much urine as possible!
- Make a solution
- Consisting of: 2 cups vinegar, 2 cups warm water, and 4 tablespoons of baking soda.
- Pour mixture into a spray bottle (or make directly in the bottle) and spray on the stained area!
- Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes and then blot with a cloth.
*If possible clean up the urine as soon as possible or while still wet because once it dries the odor will set into the carpet fibers.
*For a heavier stain: Sprinkle the baking soda right onto the stain. Then pour a 50/50 mixture of vinegar and water onto the area. Let sit 5 minutes and blot with a cloth.
The acid in vomit can set fast so try and wipe it up as soon as possible!
- Use a dustpan or scraper to remove any large chunks
- Blot with a towel to get the majority of the moisture
- Make a solution consisting of: 2 cups of warm water. 1 tablespoon of salt. 1 tablespoon of liquid dish soap. Â½ cup of vinegar
- Dip a sponge or cloth into the solution and apply to the stain
- Blot lightly
- These steps can be repeated to remove a tough stain.
- After the stain is gone, blot with a dry towel.
These tips have saved me in more than one circumstance. I have finally found a way to love Roxy and my carpets! To save my time the rest of the week I leave the tough cleaning to Think Maids DC! They help me keep my house in tiptop shape so I can spend my free time with my amazing dog, Roxy!