Apple Dumplings – Delicious Dessert the Family will Devour
This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to shop through them, we will earn a commission. This does not in any way affect your pricing. You can read our full disclosure policy by clicking here.
Time is a commodity that there never seems to be enough of. It seems like I’ve got at least 30 hours worth of tasks to complete within a 24 hour day. Finding recipes that the family will love, that don’t require me to sweat in the kitchen all day long, is a wonderful blessing. One of our family favorites that falls into this category is Apple Dumplings! These Apple Dumplings are the perfect dessert as theyare so simple to make. My children adore assisting with the creation of these amazing treats – and the whole family enjoys with the devouring of them too!
What you’ll need
- 1 cans of crescent rolls (8 rolls per can)
- 2-3 apples (Granny Smith is our go to choice)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can (12 oz) Mountain Dew
Follow these super simple steps
- Preheat your oven to 350*
- Spray a 13×9 inch pan with non-stick spray
- Slice up your apples. You’ll want to have 16 slices.
- Roll up each apple slice inside a crescent roll.
- Add the cinnamon and sugar to your melted butter, and then pour the mixture over the rolled apples.
- Pour the can of Mountain Dew on top. This will leave your dessert looking bubbly and very unappetizing. Don’t worry. You don’t mess it up. That’s the carbonation working. Just trust me and proceed on to the next step.
- Bake at 350* for 45 minutes
- Eat and Enjoy!
You won’t find a simpler recipe that tastes anywhere near this good! I highly recommend serving them warm alongside a nice scoop of cold vanilla ice cream.
Once you’ve given this recipe a shot, please come back and let me know what you think of it.
I hope you love it as much as we do!