Get Your Home Summer Ready With These Tips!
The summer is rapidly approaching and it’s up to all of us to make our homes comfortable – now more than ever. We are in the middle of a pandemic crisis, which means that we need to stay as busy as possible while we are locked down at home. So, we need to think about how we can get our homes as ready as possible for the sunshine and heat.
Let’s take a look at a few tips that will help you to make your home feel cool and calm for the warmer months ahead.
- Remove winter from your home with some simple, seasonal updates to the space. If you create the feeling that winter is over, you can start thinking about the summer warmth – even when you can’t go on a summer holiday. Bring in the lighter curtains and shades and roll away the carpets and rugs. You need your home to be as light and cool as possible, and you can do that by waving goodbye to winter.
- You need to cool your home, but in some places in the world, air conditioning is not a thing. You can ensure that you are buying in the fans that cool like air conditioners and keep them running in the warmer places in the house. You need to have a comfortable home, especially if you are working from home at the same time.
- Get the garden ready by trimming back the greenery and the lawn. You need to make space for solar lights and outdoor furniture again, so clean down the patio and make room for all the things that you want to enjoy with an outdoor BBQ!
- Bring summer inside the house with a deep clean. From the windows and carpets to the rest of the furniture, you need to work on making the house a warm and glowing place to be. A deep clean can make your house sparkle and it makes you feel like you are turning a fresh chapter.
- Get your home stocked with the essentials for the sunshine. Everything from sunscreen to fluffy beach towels need to be in your cabinets, along with mosquito medicine and after sun cream. Add in some BBQ essentials and your home will be ready for the sun.
- Replace everything in the shed in the garden, from the skis and snow blowers to the loungers and sprinklers. You don’t have to get rid of the winter gear; just move it all to the back and the summer stuff to the front.
Your home may be stuck with lockdown and your summer break may be cancelled, but you need to figure out what you could do to ensure that you are able to enjoy the summer regardless of the situation outside. The warmth is going to be glorious, so let’s make the most of it and pull some joy out of the situation. Lockdown may not be fun for the world, but you can make your own small world a fun place to be!